This cemetery is on IH 10 at the FM 1674 exit for Ft. McKavett, just west of Junction.
First Church in Community; Organized in 1888 by Circuit Rider, Andrew Jackson Potter who helped firmly establish the Methodist Church in west Texas. Before contruction of this church in 1917, services were held in the schoolhouse or under the brush arbor 3/4 miles S.W. on the west bank of Copperas Creek. Building site was donated by J.A. Cowsert. Lumber was hauled here by wagon from Menard. Labor was donated by members andothr local residents. (Historic Landmark - 1968)
This cemetery has been abstracted by SAGHS members. The abstracted information can be found in our Stalkin' Kin in Old West Texas quarterly publication:
Vol. 5, Iss. 1, Pg. 23-26
All issues of the Stalkin' Kin are offered for sale in the "Store" and also available at monthly meetings and other events. If you wish to pick up one at a monthly meeting, please give prior notice so we can be sure to have it on hand.