SAGHS is pleased to offer research assistance to members and non-members. While not professional genealogists, our volunteers are dedicated and experienced family historians. These volunteers will use available online sources as well as reference material found in our local libraries and archives. Fees are not refundable, even if no information is found.
- Information Searches - $10.00 for the first hour, then $20.00 per hour thereafter
- Obituary Search - $10.00 for Tom Green County and the 13 surrounding counties
- Copy Charge - will be $ .25 per each black and white paper copy
- Postage for returning information found is included in the charges above
To submit a request by mail:
Please print the Information Request (click here
) and mail it with your payment - this must be received before research can begin.
San Angelo Genealogical and Historical Society, Inc.
P.O. Box 3453
San Angelo, TX 76902-3453
To pay and submit request online:
Please include the following information in an email plus a comment as to when payment was made online.
- Your name
- Phone number, including area code
- e-mail address
- Name of person(s) needing information for
- Dates of birth, marriage (and to who) and death - if known - approximates dates are OK
- Where person lived in Texas - counties, towns, etc.
- Other pertinent information
You may print the Information Request form (above) fill it in, then scan or take a picture with your phone and attach it to the e-mail.
Send e-mail requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
The e-mail will be acknowledged and a researcher will be assigned. The researcher will then contact the requestor to check-in and if more information or time is needed. Research will not start until payment is made.
Use the PayPal button below to make the payment.